- 3 tsp Salt
- 1tsp Black pepper
- Pinch or turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder more if you like it hot
- 600g Tomatoes (just about a can and half)
- 1 Aubergines
- 1/4 kg Mince meat
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil ( I use it you can use any vegetable)
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2-3 tsp ground zeera
- 1/2 pack mozzarella (optional)
- Pre- heat oven to 220 deg
- Use a non sticking baking dish.
- Cut the aubergine in to vertical half, with the stem on.
- With the help of a round scoop or a table spoon, scoop out the center of the aubergine.
- Scoop out as closely to the skin as possible making it look like a small oval bowl.
- Then in a small bowl 3 Tbsp spoons oil and 1 1/2 tsp salt mix well.
- With the help of a baking brush brush it all over the aubergine bowls you have made. cover it well this will prevent it from going black/brown. and add to the taste.leave aside in the baking dish.
- Now cut the aubergine pulp ( center ) that you scooped out earlier into very very small cubes as small as you were cutting onions for the omelet.
- Add 3 tbsp oil to a pan let it warm up a bit and than add ginger garlic paste.
- Now add mince meat,aubergines(cut in small pieces), rest of the salt,turmeric,chilli powder,black pepper powder,zeera powder.
- Stir well till it turns brown than add tomatoes. cook it well till it starts to show some oil.
- Fill in the aubergines with the mince meat prepared.
- Place them in the oven.
- Bake for 35 Min's or until when you press the stem it mashes up between you fingers. or if that is difficult try a piercing with a tooth pick in the skin.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top and and bake for another 5min or till it golden brown. This last step is optional.
This is one of my favourites as well. I can eat this as often as possible.i love to make it because its easy to make and takes only about 45 Min's to get ready, usually i serve it with bread, but its tastes even better with white boiled rice. its great party food as well as just made on a day you want to lazy and don't feeling spending too much time in the kitchen. I hope you will enjoy making it as much as i do ....enjoy...:~)