I'm sure you will agree that there is nothing better than home baked cookies. We all love cookies it reminds us of our childhood and the treats we bought from bakeries. For me it reminds me the aroma of the bakery back home at the end of our street. Our kids loved making them and its easy to get them involved in making these macaroons. Making cookies for me was the hardest job and for a long long time I never tried making them and kept going back to my favourite bakery to have them, recently i saw this recipe in a kids recipe book and thought I'll give it a try. the original recipe used golden granulated sugar but I used a different one. Its always great to make cookies at home and a great gift option also. wrap it up in cellophane. Anyone who is at the receiving end will love the thought of you going an extra mile in making something as special as these cookies. I hope this recipe turns out to
be special ...:)
- 250 ml/1 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
- 2 medium egg whites or 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 5-6 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- Pre- heat oven at 300 *F/150*C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment
- Place the coconut in a large bowl,and leave it aside.
- In a big bowl add egg whites,cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat it together with a rotary egg beater until egg whites turn white and fluffy.
- Add sugar now a spoonful at a time, beating after you add.
- With the help of a spatula mix the coconut in the egg whites.
- Now with a tea spoon drop it on the baking tray about 3 cm apart, if you want it in bigger size use a Tbsp. These will make about 30 macaroons if you are using a tea spoon if making with a Tbsp it will make just about 10 macaroons.
- Bake for 18-20 Min's if making a bigger size if making small macaroon about 10-15 Min's are enough.Bake till you notice a little browning on the edges.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet before removing, can keep them in an air tight container for a week.
I just love macaroons and its great having them with a cup of tea in the evening in from of the television.Try having them crushed on ice cream yummy is all i can say. It a great recipe to impress you partner and family and you'll be amazed how well you are at making cookies at home yourself...enjoy...:~)