Tuesday 3 February 2009

Mumma's Lamb Roast

MUMMA’S HARAY MASALA LAMB ROAST
( LAMB ROAST GREEN PASTE)

My parents were very very social so almost every weekend we had dinner parties some at our house and some at others. While growing older I remember having lamb roast very often in those gathering I simply loved it. It was so juicy and succulent I can actually feel the taste and texture in my mouth right now as I write about it. This is one recipe I really don’t want to change because it reminds me of Mumma and maybe this is why I keep this recipe too close to my heart I know this one by heart. It was one of the first things Mumma taught me to make. I always liked cooking yet more I love the idea of people loving it and almost eating up their fingers like I do till date sometimes.;)
We tend to usually forget to thank our mums to teach us a lot of things specially cooking. I really thank mumma for teaching me and making me responsible for cooking at a very young age, because today most of the people I know love what I cook. Had it not been for her I may not be able to cook so well. So here’s My Mumma’s one of the best recipes. i think this recipe is so easy that i make it with my kids and they love all work.ofcourse i was keeping an eye on them.

INGREDIENTS:-
  • 1 Lamb leg
  • 1 Tbsp Garam masala
  • Half of coriander bunch
  • Half of mint bunch
  • 6-10 Chillies ( can have more if you like it hot)
  • 2 tsp Meat tenderiser or 2Tbsp raw papaya grounded
  • 500g yogurt (greek yogurt)
  • 1 Tbsp salt ( salt has to be more nearly as much as in the sae water)
  • 2Tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
  • 1/4 cup oil
METHOD:-
  1. Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend well to a thick paste consistency.


  2. Then with a sharp knife sear the meat well. ( meaning hit it with knife and sort of make holes.)



  3. Place your lamb leg in a baking tray.

  4. Pour over the lamb leg the blended yogurt mixture. Leave it in the fridge over night or even a bit longer to marinate.
  5. Bake at 120deg c for 7-8 hours.

    The trick to this recipe is the longer you leave it to marinate the better and the slower you cook it the better. Usually I put in the over at night and let is cook all night. By 9 in the morning its well cooked, meaning I cook it for more than 10 hours really. It all depends on how well cooked you want the meat to be. …hope you like it too ..enjoy..

3 comments:

  1. mmm looks absolutely mouth-watering! will def try it out asap i get out of my couch-mode. Actually I have, yes I have that's right. Been cleaning around the house : ) -me-

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was the best roast mumma made and now since i have been passed the recipe by thr GR8 u mine came out very fine...actually made it on a dinner when in-laws came for dinner and it was a HIT...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I finally gave this a try last week and hubby n I both loved it! The only variation made was; added a tab bit of viniger and I didnt have meat tenderiser nor raw papaya, yet it was still very soft and tender in the end. :) Thanks. -me-

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave comments +ve or -ve, they help me in improving.