Monday 23 February 2009

MAYAZ'S CHICKEN KARAHI

Cooking for me is a form of relaxation. I love food anyway, but the dishes that take minimal efforts are my favourite. This chicken karahi is easy to make and is ready in minutes. I first made this karachi at my sons birthday 4 years back ever since I've just simply stuck with this recipe. i like to keep my recipes simple for the reason being the more you complicate it the less taste of the individual spices you'll get. I normally keep my spices to the minimal and try to use as little ingredients as possible this provides me with an opportunity to experiment more in terms of making something new every time I'm in the kitchen. Love this recipe for a quick meal. hope you like it..;)


INGREDIENTS:-
  • 1 Whole chicken cut in small pieces.
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Pinch turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp Red chili powder or more if you like it hot.
  • 2 Onion roughly sliced
  • 1tsp Ginger and garlic paste
  • 1tsp Kalongi
  • 600 g Tomatoes if using the canned if not the about 5-7 medium sized tomatoes cut into small pieces.
  • Some Coriander leaves for garnish
  • 1 Chili for garnish
  • 2-3 Tbsp any vegetable oil
  • 1/2 Cups water.
METHOD:-
  1. Add oil to the pan when its warm then add the kalongi.
  2. After half a min add the roughly sliced onions and fry until just starting to get golden now add ginger garlic paste and fry for further min or so.
  3. Add the tomatoes to the onions but add no water.
  4. Cook till you see the tomato paste separating from the oil.
  5. Now add the defrosted chicken and fry it for about 3-4 Min's.
  6. Add water 1/4 first and stir well for a min or two then add the rest just lower the heat cover and cook till again the oil separates from the pan and sticks to the chicken.
  7. If you like it dry than add no water and serve, but if you like a little bit of masala then add just enough to make masala about 1/4 cup is more than enough.

Traditionally karahi dishes are had with nan bread out of the tandoor. Generally when I make it at home I make sweet daal with it to compliment the sour taste of tomatoes.and just boiled rice. Simple yet satisfying, hope you will like this simple recipe and enjoy....:~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave comments +ve or -ve, they help me in improving.