This recipe is easy to make and everyone will love it and will be impressed by your skills, and the best thing about this recipe is that you don't have to put in a lot of hard work making it. This takes about 30 Min's to prepare. So if you're tired or have been to work today and want to make something easy and not time consuming than this is for you. Kids love it with juice and a fan of this savoury crepes. this basically came from a pack of plain flour but the original recipe had red grapes in it, if you like the idea you can try it with that since my family is not so keen on it so I used bell peppers and worked wonders for me. I remember the first time I made my in laws were visiting me from Pakistan and they instantly fell in love with these. I can't blame them because I'm in love with these too simply satisfying and sort of comfort food really. For me with kids around anything with less work works well. I've been making these crepes for the past 5 years and every time i make them they disappear from the dish in Min's. I hope that's what's going to happen when you make it to impress your partner or your family. The key to remember is that if your first crepe does not look like the one in the picture don't panic take your time to practice first 2 and than you'll notice they will come out perfect. Enjoy life like you were having a bar of chocolate and enjoy food like you were sun bathing great till its nice and warm isn't it??:)
INGREDIENTS FOR CREPES:-
- 1/2 Cups plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 Egg
- 125 ml (1/4 pint) Milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:-
- 1Medium chicken fillet thinly sliced
- 1 Medium onion sliced
- 15 g (1/2 oz) Butter
- 1 Bell pepper ( you can use any colored bell pepper )
- 4Tbsp Yogurt
- 2Tbsp Plain flour
METHOD FOR MAKING CREPES:-
- Place flour and salt in a bowl add eggs and half the milk.
- Beat well until smooth then stir in the remaining milk.
- To make each crepe heat little oil in a 17.5 cm /7 inch heavy based frying pan.
- Add enough batter to thinly coat the base of the frying pan.
- Fry gently till golden on one side and then toss over occasionally,than add the filling to it.
- Wash the chicken well
- Fry chicken and onions in a little oil until cooked.
- Melt butter in a pan and mix plain flour add milk and cook till it thicken a bit.
- Then add yogurt cooked chicken and bell pepper any colour and season to taste.
- Stir well and prepare this before making pancakes so you can add to it while their cooking in the pan.
- I use any non stick pan each batter mix makes 4-6 pancakes depending on the size of the pan.
- For one pancake(crepe) use a ladle full each.
- When you think the pancake is done on both sides add the filling.
- Now cross both sides like you would do in a dossa in the pan or like a you would in a cheese omelet not on the plate because they break very easily.