When you bake a cake first things first always preheat the oven to the required temperature and line a time before preparing for the mixture or batter. otherwise the air that's locked in the mixture is gone which helps the cake to rise so it may become a flat cake rather than a nice springy cake.
Here is a recipe that's always worked for me. Its of a simple pound cake recipe but once you're confident making it you can add and subtract in the recipe.you can even use this recipe for simple juicy sponge cakes. So here goes hope you like it and have fun making and eating as much as i do always.
- 3 Medium eggs
- 1 Cup Self-raising flour
- 1/2 Of 500gs Butter pack
- Some milk
- 1Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence/extract.
- Pre-heat over to 180 deg.
- Line the tin or grease the tin with some butter and flour.
- Keep the butter out of fridge and soften it at room temperature.
- Sieve flour and salt together.
- Mix the vanilla extract ,butter and sugar till light and fluffy,it should change colour from yellow to pale yellow or off white.
- When the colour changes start adding eggs one at a time.
- Now add flour spoon by spoon initially and then add all mix well.
- If you think the mixture is too thick add a bit of milk and mix well not otherwise.
- Now put the mixture in the grease or lined baking dish and bake for 35-40 Mins, or until the tooth pick comes out clean,and the cake is springy to touch.
- Leave it in the tin till it cools down completely and then serve it with some coolie or sauce.