As any of you who had been following me all along would know by now that i like making things that are easy and delicious too can't really compromise on taste just by making it look good can I. Tiramisu is also one of those cakes or rather deserts that are so yummy to eat and very tempting at the first site of it. I personally fell in love with it the very first time I had it at my mother in law birthday six years back. the taste of coffee and cream with cocoa was just mouth watering and unresistable to anyone who has great taste buds.
Now that the holy month of Ramadan is here we are always on a look out for dishes that are easy to make and can impress our guests. In Ramadan mostly we make samosas, chick pea chat or fruit salad as one of the most common dishes that almost all over the world muslims have but after a few days one gets fedup and wants more dishes to keep our good taste in food alive and this will do exactly that.
Tiramisu basically is an Italian desert literally meaning "pick me up". This desert if authentically made would have mascarpone, eggs, coffee and lady fingers more commonly known as "boudoir fingers" also. In my recipe I've used a mixture of mascarpone and double cream if you wish to use just any one of them its also comes out fine. we enjoyed this recipe a lot of times at family gatherings and usually I make individual servings but its your call, this recipe serves 12 people you can also make it in a see through dish or a clip cake dishes that can later be removed to show layers.hope you have a great iftar enjoy..:)
- 2 PACKS 400g BOUDOIR FINGERS (lady fingers)
- 600 ml DOUBLE CREAM
- 200 g MASCARPONE CREAM
- 3-4 tsp ORIGINAL INSTANT COFFEE
- 1-2 CUPS BOILING WATER TO MAKE COFFEE
- 1/2 PUNNET MIXED BERRIES (raspberry,strawberry,blue berry)
- MINT SPRIGS TO GARNISH
- WINE GLASSES / COCKTAIL GLASSES
- 4 Tsp COCOA POWDER
- ICING SUGAR TO TASTE
- Mix coffee with water to make coffee roughly 2 cups and leave aside to cool down for 15-20 min or till its cooled down enough to dip your fingers into it.
- In a bowl add icing sugar, mascarpone and double cream and whip till its nice and soft but firm to make peaks.
- Set your glasses in a tray to layer them.
- Now when your coffee is cooled a bit dip one finger at a time but just dip not soak it.
- Give first layer of coffee dipped fingers and than add cream to it and gain another layer of coffee dipped finger and than carry on till you want to once your glass is full the last layer should be the cream mixture.
- Once this is done then sprinkle it with cocoa powder enough to cover the first layer completely.
- Garnish with the berries and mint sprigs.
I have mentioned in step four that do not soak the fingers just dip it for the reason that if it gets soaked it'll get too soft and will be hard to layer the desert. I like less sweet in this desert so I use about 3 Tsp or so but you can add more if you like. This desert for me is also a very kids friendly desert on a kids day off day I get them in the kitchen and have their help its great fun and kids learn to do finer details of decorating the desert. Tiramisu tastes better if chilled over night but is not necessary to do that even if its kept in the fridge for just a few hours it'll still be good. We as a family have enjoyed making Tiramisu for a few years hope you and your will family will enjoy it in good health ..enjoy..:)