Brownies personally I was never a great fan of it, yes I know I must be crazy, but I've come to a conclusion that I really didn't have a good brownie ever before I used this recipe. This is my favourite recipe for brownies. It shall not be wrong if I said its so divine as soon as its in the mouth it melts like butter with a crispy top giving it the crunchy touch of freshness. Every time I make these I gather loads of praises meaning it works every time the same way by saying this I'm emphasising the fact that some recipes do taste different every time you make them.
I think the key with this recipe is its timing other than that you can increase or decrease the quantities or chocolate, cocoa powder and eggs as for your liking. They say in the books and online recipe sites that's baking comes with precision that's all I think its practice and right timing. When I started to bake it's true i wasted a lot of of ingredients because my cakes came out flat,burnt, not risen enough to my liking or by worst tasted like flour. But that's because i started baking at the age when a kid hardly knows the difference between plain flour and wheat flour. As a Pakistani households have wheat flour in there house as ration or the month so did we and so no on really noticed the flour disappearing from the store. But with time i learnt it was the wrong thing to be used for baking cakes. When you want to make the right kind of cakes or bake anything its all the right stuff that you should know that goes in and be precise about the time you have to bake that particular thing. As a guide i always say don't misjudge your baking if it does not look like the picture I that magazine or on a website. Those pics and websites bring in their recipes from chefs and well practiced people and if you're doing it for the first time don't panic is the most essential key keep your calm and you will end up with the best cake you ever baked.
I've had this recipe for the last four years and every time make it, it vanishes in minutes no matter what the occasion is it will always get you praises and lots of appreciation even though you'll just spend making these brownies only about fifteen minutes of so but the impression your guests will have is that you've been in the kitchen for hours. It's great for having it as a birthday cake or bite sized heart shapes, or just simple squares they all did wonders for me all these years and I'm sure it will do the same for you and your guests...healthy eating...:)
- 3 Squares milk chocolate approx 90-100g
- 115g unsalted butter,cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cups or 150 ml light brown sugar
- 1/2 cups or 125ml golden granulated sugar
- 1Tbsp cocoa powder2 large egg or use 3 medium ones
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or any oil with no smell in it.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml or 2/3 cups plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg C.
- Prepare your baking dish with baking paper.
- In a bowl heat chocolate and butter if doing in a microwave do it at 50 % power until the chocolate is just melted roughly about 2 and 1/2 Min's.
- Stir with a spatula until smooth, and leave aside.
- In another bowl add brown sugar and with the end of the whisk break any lumps.
- To this add golden sugar,cocoa powder,eggs,oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Now add the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Once mixed well add plain flour 2 spoons full at a time and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake for 25 Min's.
- Once cooled sprinkle cofectioners sugar or icing sugar.
In this recipe, like I said you can you can change a few ingredients and use the ones you like better. For example instead of brown sugar try using dark brown muscavado sugar, or try normal sugar instead of golden brown sugar. I have even tried using olive oil once instead of normal vegetable oil. I like my brownies to be really dark so i use a little bit more cocoa powder and dark brown sugar. It can't be more simple than this recipe and give you yummy results if you keep it in the oven only 25 Min's and not min more otherwise if you over bake it it'll become crumbly and not gooey the taste will be same but it'll be a bit dry. hope you will enjoy this recipe and you,your family and friends and kids fall in love with it as much as we have...:)